Saturday, November 7, 2009

What's your dreams?



I love movies simply because I love stories. Growing up my father always told me stories and although I couldn't always identify with all of them, I loved all of them because I learned more about him. They where like a portal to a different time- the 60's, 70's and so on... I love movies mostly for the messages they send, just like a great book, or great lyrics, what I like best about movies are their scripts.

Today I watched Pretty woman as I cleaned my room. I've seen some of my movies so many times I no longer need to actually watch them to know exactly what is happening on the screen. Some people clean to music...I clean to movies!



Anyway, what really gets me about this movie is not so much the Cinderella story between Edward and Vivian but Kit, Vivian's roommate, friend and "co-worker". Kit is a prostitute with no ambition for change in her life. I think about so many people that I know who are just like Kit, all they see are momentary fixes. They have no long term plans, no dreams or goals. I'll never understand people who don't dream at all, who don‘t want better for themselves. In the end of the movie there is a man walking in the street saying, "Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream? Everybody comes here; this is Hollywood, land of dreams. Some dreams come true, some don't; but keep on dreamin' - this is Hollywood. Always time to dream, so keep on dreamin'."

I may not live in Hollywood but dreaming is not something I lack. It’s never too late to make changes in your life. I hope you have big dreams and that some how your finding a way to make them a reality. There is a big world out there with so much to offer!!


"If you've never stared off into the distance, then your life is a shame."
- Counting Crows

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love your blog. Specialy the inspiration statements. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete